|Olympic swimming pools|
Learn the basics of Olympic swimming pool design
Swimming is one of the most important games included in the Olympic Games, and this sport has special laws that include the foundations for designing swimming pools. Swimming pool design:
50 meters with permittivity by 0.3 meters to put the touch panels
Single waterway width (width)
The depth is not less than 2 meters , and there is no final limit to it, i.e. its depth may reach 3 meters , 5 meters , 10 meters, and so on.
The number of waterways in it (lanes)
8 lanes for swimmers, and two lanes to mitigate the waves, ie 10 lanes with a width of 25 meters .
Learn the rules of swimming in the Olympic Games
The following are the most prominent laws and foundations of swimming in the Olympic Games , which players must know and abide by:
- Swimming in the Olympic Games is divided into 4 main styles: The free kick, the backstroke, the butterfly hit, the chest hit, and despite the variety of styles, they have similar laws in many respects.
- It is necessary to dive first when following the swimming pattern of the breaststroke, freestyle, and butterfly, but in the case of the backstroke pattern, the start is in the water while holding the handles at the front of the pool.
- The referee blows a long whistle in order to notify the players of the need to prepare quickly for the start of the race.
- The referee issues a command to take your place or your mark, at which point each player must squat and put one foot in front of the other in preparation for the dive.
- The referee issues the start signal, and here each contestant begins to enter the water and dive and then follow the pattern participating in it, and if the player starts the race before the referee issues the start signal, he is subject to direct exclusion from the race.
- Swimmers are prohibited from touching or pushing the bottom of the pool, but must travel the full distance in it.
- In the swimming style of the free kick, the player must abide by some things, including; Part of his body touches the wall at every turn in the swimming pool and at the end of the race, and the player’s head must be above the surface of the water after swimming a maximum of 15 meters.
- in the backstroke swimming style; Players are not allowed to bend their toes while holding onto the top of the touchpad, and they must swim on their back for the duration of the race, except in one case when they are going through the rollover and backswimming zone. In addition, the contestant must get out of the water after 15 meters of swimming When the race is over, he must touch the wall with his back.
- There are a number of laws regarding chest beating, including; Players are not allowed to swim on their backs during the race, but they are allowed to kick one butterfly between the start and the turn under the surface of the water, with the need to turn the feet out of the body during the kick, and never kick down, and the competitor must touch the wall with his hands at the end of the race and at each turn.
- If the player is following a butterfly pattern, he is not allowed to swim on his back during the race at all, and he must commit to moving his arms forward together, while kicking his legs together down, and competitors in this pattern must commit to touching the wall with both hands at the end of the race and at each turn And every player must learn swimming skills of all styles to be able to win well.
Frequently asked questions about swimming at the Olympics
Do women participate in swimming competitions in the Olympics?
Yes; Women participate in Olympic swimming competitions, and the first time that women were allowed to participate in the Olympic Games in general was in 1912 AD, and in 1920 AD, women were eligible to participate in Olympic swimming.
How many swimming competitions in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
The number of swimming competitions in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics is 35 events , 3 new competitions have been added to the previous number of competitions in the 2016 Olympics, which was 32.
Where will the swimming competitions in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics be held?
The swimming competitions at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics were held at the Tokyo Aquatics Center; The newly established Tatsumi no Mori Park, which has a capacity of 15,000 spectators, hosts three types of water sports: Swimming, technical swimming, and diving.
What are the types of swimming competitions in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
Swimming competitions at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics include 4 main types of competitions:
- Free Kick Swimming: It includes 50 meters, 100 meters, 200 meters, 400 meters, 800 meters and 1500 meters.
- Butterfly strike swimming: This type of swimming competitions includes 100 meters and 200 meters.
- Backstroke: This type includes 100 meters and 200 meters.
- Breaststroke: This type includes 100 meters and 200 meters.
- Other types: In addition to the main types, there are other types, namely:
- Varied singles: at a depth of 200 meters, and 400 meters.
- Free relay: 4×100 and 4×200.
- Varied sequence: 4×100 class.
- Mixed Variation Sequence: 4×100 class.
Which country has the highest number of medals in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics?
The United States of America is the country with the most medals at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, followed by China in second place by a small margin.