|baby head protrusion|
What are the reasons for the emergence of the child's head from the back? What are the complications that may occur if treatment is neglected? Find out the answers after reading this article.
There are many soft areas in the child's head that heal later, and they are areas that separate the bones of the skull, which help in the birth of the child naturally and help in the growth of his head during the first year of his life, and the most important of these areas are the ones that form in the front and back. In this article, we will cover the most important information about the protrusion of the child's head from the back:
What are the reasons that may lead to the emergence of the child's head from the back?
There are a number of reasons that may lead to the child's head protruding from the back, such as:
Hydrocephalus is the filling of the ventricles of the brain with fluid, which leads to an increase in their size and pressure on the tissues of the head, resulting in the emergence of the child’s head from behind. The cause of hydrocephalus may be congenital or acquired, as follows:
- congenital hydrocephalus
There are a number of factors that increase the chance of congenital hydrocephalus, which may be any of the following:
- Infections that may infect the mother and pass to the fetus, such as: measles.
- Brain hemorrhage or lack of oxygen during childbirth.
- Brain or spinal cord abnormalities that the child is born with.
- Acquired hydrocephalus
There are some factors that lead to hydrocephalus in a child after birth that may lead to the child's head protruding from the back, such as:
- Some types of brain infections, such as: meningitis.
- brain injury
- Cancerous brain tumors.
- Brain clots.
2. Other reasons
There are some other reasons that may lead to the child's head protruding from the back, such as:
- Encephalopathy: This results from prolonged lack of oxygen and swelling of the brain.
- Crying: Prolonged crying may increase pressure on the brain, which leads to the child's head protruding from the back, but the reason for crying must be known, as it may be a disease that led to this.
- Vomiting: Vomiting, like crying, increases pressure on the brain, and the cause of vomiting may be dangerous, so the cause must be known to provide treatment immediately.
- Vaccination: Vaccination may lead to this emergence, and although the cause is unknown, it may be due to high temperature, which is a side effect of the vaccine.
- The way the baby sleeps: The baby sleeping on one side for a long time may cause this puffiness.
How to treat the emergence of the child's head from the back?
In the event that the cause of the emergence is vomiting or crying, the child should be calmed down if he is crying and find out if the cause of the crying and vomiting is an infection, injury or other, and consult a doctor immediately for treatment.
If hydrocephalus is the cause, it is treated through surgery through which a tube is inserted to withdraw fluids into the brain. Neglecting treatment may lead to brain tissue damage and sometimes death.
How to prevent the emergence of the child's head from the back?
It is not always possible to prevent a child's head from protruding from behind, but there are some methods that may help in this, such as:
- Wash hands frequently and keep the child away from sick people.
- Constant follow-up with the doctor during pregnancy in order to prevent any infections that may be transmitted to the child, and to prevent premature birth.
- Protecting the child's head from injury or exposure to any accident, by choosing an appropriate car seat, and not taking a ride on the bike without the helmet.
- Seek medical help immediately if any side effects are observed in the child.