A 40-year-old man has been arrested after a mother-of-two was stabbed to death in Bethnal Green, London, while her children were at school, Scotland Yard said. A post-mortem examination established the cause of her death as multiple sharp force injuries.
A 40-year-old man has been arrested after Yasmin Begum, a mother-of-two was stabbed to death in Bethnal Green, London, while her children were at school
- The victim was found by police at her home at 4.05pm on Thursday after an alert was raised when she failed to pick up her two sons from school.
Police officers, including forensic specialists, remain at the scene
- All women and girls have the right to feel safe, at any time, day or night, in public or at home, and we will do everything we can to find those responsible for this.
- We are appealing for any witnesses, or anyone with any information, to contact us.
Friends described Ms Begum as a 'full of life' and a 'fantastic mother
- Neighbors described her as outgoing and spontaneous
- She was supposed to pick up her children from school but did not come so they raised the alarm
- Two teachers from the school knocked on the door and were unable to get a response, and officers eventually burst through the door
- The children are now in school and are very worried because their mother is no longer with them