The best hair dye after henna
To choose the best hair dye after henna, you must make sure that the color of the dye is darker than the hair color. For example, if your hair is light blond, it is preferable to use brown, red, and copper hair colors. It is worth noting that the best types of hair dyes are ammonia-free.
With great care when choosing the types of dyes used to dye hair after henna in order to protect the hair from exposure to dye damage , it is necessary to use types of dyes that are free of chemicals with a high toxicity rate that may harm the health of the hair and the body.
Conditions for dyeing hair after henna
Many women want to return to dyeing after henna, and here you must pay attention to some things to get a satisfactory result, and here are the conditions for dyeing hair after henna:
- You should wait two months or more after using henna, to make sure the color is gone completely.
- A test should be done on a small strand of hair before dyeing it completely to ensure the color to be dyed.
- It is necessary to choose the types of dyes that are free of ammonia and chemicals that destroy hair in the long run, even if they are expensive. Rather, it is preferable to use natural dyes for hair coloring .
You must pay close attention to the fact that the frequent use of henna leads to the accumulation of henna color in your hair, and therefore it will be difficult to get the desired dye color, and you will have to wait for a longer period of time to use the dye.
How to dye hair after henna
When you want to dye hair at home, you must consult a hair dye specialist to know the correct way to dye hair, to know the necessary steps and how to choose the right hair color, and the following are the steps of dyeing hair after henna:
- Read the instructions attached to the dye package, and it is also preferable not to wash the hair immediately before dyeing, in order to avoid an allergic reaction to the scalp.
- Purchase at least two packages of the dye to ensure that it will be enough to dye the entire head of hair.
- It is necessary to prepare all the necessary tools for dyeing hair, such as; A comb to divide the hair, a package of Vaseline, and wet wipes, where Vaseline is used to protect the skin because it will act as an insulating material between the dye, the scalp and the skin, and if the dye touches the skin, it can be easily wiped with wet wipes.
- Conducting an allergy test, by taking a strand of hair from the back of the neck and trying the dye on it.
- Divide the hair into parts, to put the dye on the roots first, then comb the hair to distribute the dye well on it, and after all the sections are finished, wait until the time required to take the desired color on the hair ends.
Colored hair care tips
- Here are some tips to follow to care for dyed hair:[Reference]
- It is necessary to wash the hair from (2 - 3) times a week only, while reducing the use of shampoo and replacing it with a conditioner to give it shine and softness and reduce the fading of the color of the dye.
- Make sure to use a shampoo that protects the color of the hair, as if it has a little sulfate in it.
- Allocate time to use hair masks approximately twice a week, placing it on the hair for a period of (5 to 10) minutes.
- Avoid using hair dryers frequently, because of their negative impact on the nature of hair and dye.
- Use hair products that protect from the sun.
- Apply conditioner to hair to form a protective barrier for hair before swimming; To protect it from pool water that contains chlorine.
- Eating a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which makes the hair shiny and strong, taking care to take vitamin E to help resist hair dryness and split ends after dyeing.
Henna is a type of herb that is used to dye hair to give a beautiful color to the hair and give it a distinctive luster and intensity, but when wanting to dye the hair immediately after henna, every woman must pay attention to the type and color of the dye that should be used after henna, and what are the conditions and safe ways to use the dye to get the desired result.